Christian Leadership Schools
Christian Leadership Schools represent a unified effort of the NBC to equip the membership to more effectively minister to the body of Christ. A CLS can take place in the local churches, in the districts, or at state and national levels. The aim of the CLS Program is to provide structured training and development activities that will take place at all levels of our Baptist denomination. Its goal is to better prepare individuals to become witnesses in accordance with Acts 1:8—”Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (KJV).
There are standard procedures and required guidelines necessary for the accreditation and operation of all Christian Leadership Schools (CLS) of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. (NBC). These guidelines have been approved by the Division of Christian Education Accreditation and Credentials (DCEAC).
Thirteen (13) Step-by-Step Procedures in the School Accreditation Process
- Select and certify a dean
- Determine dates for school
- Choose a site and make the necessary arrangements
- Establish budget/financial methods
- Identify courses
- Select instructors
- Develop program format
- Promote leadership school
- Conduct faculty meeting(s)
- Prepare application package and submit to the Division of Christian Education
- Operate school, including preparatory activities
- Complete post-school evaluation
- Complete and submit Forms 7 and 8, and Form 9 – Dean’s Annual Report directly to the DCEAC
All thirteen steps in the school accreditation process have been thoroughly explained in the Christian Leadership School Policies and Procedures Manual.
We recommend that all parties involved in the leadership school process, including convention and congress presidents, regional coordinators, state directors, local pastors along with certified deans, purchase the CLS manual to insure that all policies and procedures be understood and followed.