Are You Interested in Writing Sunday School or Bible Study Curriculum?
For more information on how to become a curriculum writer for the Sunday School Publishing Board, please e-mail our Director of Curriculum Publishing, Rev. Wellington Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Interested in Getting Your Book Published?
Read below for more information.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT OR PROPOSAL
We prefer that you send an e-mail query initially. If your concept fits within our parameters, please provide a succinct description of your proposal and how your concept is unique—compared to other resources in the market. Please include a brief explanation of your ministry experience and publishing history, if any. Send query to our Senior Director of Publishing Administration, Dr. Debra Berry: email@example.com.
First, send an e-mail query. If a SSPB publisher contacts you and requests a manuscript, you may then send a submission by postal service. Do not submit your work via fax or e-mail. We cannot review your proposal over the phone.
What to Include in Your Submission:
- A one-page cover letter with your name, address, daytime telephone number, e-mail address, and a brief summary of your manuscript—including the theme, purpose, age group, and genre.
- Some information regarding your ministry experience, your connections to the people, groups, and organizations to whom this concept appeals, your publishing history, and author platform.
- A typed, double-spaced copy of your manuscript (if your manuscript is less than 1,500 words)
- A typed, double-spaced copy of your manuscript (if your manuscript is more than 1500 words). This sample should include an introduction and one or two well-written chapters—not to exceed 3,500 words as well as a summary of remaining chapters or material.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage for the publisher’s response and the return of your manuscript. Submissions that are not accompanied with a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with sufficient postage will not be returned.
- Unless you are a professional illustrator, it is not necessary—or even advisable—to include any illustration with your proposal. Please DO NOT send original artwork.